Version History (Changelog)
* Fixed: Performance issue resulting in “Maximum execution time” errors or slow loading page or footer scripts not working properly. Bug was caused by missing image folder.
* Revised: Change the hook where stylesheets are included. Using `wp_enqueue_scripts` instead of `wp_print_styles`
* Revised: Logic change for enqueing of scripts in `gkl_display_css()`.
* Revised: Moved loading of plugin text domain to `gkl_init()`
* Added: `esc_attr()` to all settings
* Removed: option ‘gklpa_showinwritepage’. Unnecessary option.
* Added: Irish translation. Thanks to Ray S.
* Fixed: Prevent post avatars from being saved when post revisions are updated.
* Fixed: Problem with error in displaying with spaces in the filename e.g. “my image.jpg” was caused by `esc_url` removing the spaces. Thanks to KDSarge for the find.
* Added: Improved security checks when saving post meta data and options as well as displaying data.
* Added: Activation hook to process capabilities and default options
* Added: Improved compatibility with WordPress 3.0 and above.
* Deprecated functions: `gkl_unescape_html` and `gkl_dev_override`
* Notice: This will be the last version to support PHP 4
Added: Polish translation. Thanks to [Meloniq](http://blog.meloniq.net).
Fixed: Duplication of post avatar when “apply_filters” tag is used in other plugins.
Fixed: Improved data validation. Now using wp_kses when validating HTML.
Added: French translation. Thanks to [Mathieu Haratyk](http://www.eduens.com).
Version update. You must be running WordPress 2.8 or greater to use Post Avatars.
Fixed: IE preview problems when reselecting an image. Thanks spedney at the forums.
Fixed: removed border=”0″ in image display for XHTML compliance. Thanks to Jay August for pointing it out here
* Added: Dutch translation. Thanks to Jay August.
* Added: Belorussian translation. Thanks to Fat Cower.
* Added: Italian translation. Thanks to [Gianni Diurno](http://gidibao.net).
* Fixed: Incorrect display of css class
* Fixed: Bugs in image display (height/width switched up)
* Fixed: “Cannot modify header information” errors when saving posts when plugin is used in conjunction with search unleashed plugin
* Added: Theme developer override option for automatic avatar display
* Added: template tag “gkl_get_postavatar”, to return post avatar data in an array.
*Slideshow effect to navigate for next and previous images (in progress)
*Display of avatar in Write Post page and navigation effects work in IE6+
*Style for WordPress 2.5
*Option to include avatars in RSS feeds
*Role capabilities that allow admins, editors and authors to post avatars
*Define HTML and CSS classes inside the options page
*Include automatic avatar display in post excerpts
*Option to display image dimensions
*Bugfix to stop avatars from displaying in feeds
*Bugfix to stop comment posting from deleting post avatars as identified here
*Bugfix to prevent post avatars from showing up in fields (updated: September 24, 2007)
*Added compatibility for WordPress 2.1
*Added option to display image automatically without have to use template tag
*Scan subdirectories for images
*Created external scriptfile to make extending script easier
*Check if PHP_SELF contains substring (for subdomain installations)
*Improved image display in Write Post screen
*Add trailing slash to image directory option
*Check image existence using absolute path instead of url (for those without “Allow_url_fopen”)
*dynamic reload of the post avatar – live preview (tested in Mozilla)
*gkl-postavatar produces now correct (X)HTML
*speed optimization (now it runs a few nanoseconds faster )
*Added l10n support
* Initial release
No known issues at this time